Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The regional offices maintain the agency's nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency's influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, establish and nurture community relationships, and serve as AJC's eyes and ears on the ground.
The AJC New Jersey regional office advances local and global Jewish advocacy initiatives to secure the welfare of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values. We do this by activating Jewish lay leaders and building relationships with local diplomats, elected officials, and interfaith and intergroup leaders.
The regional Office Coordinator is responsible for the vital details and coordination that allow the other positions in the regional office to fulfill their respective duties. Additionally, the regional office coordinator will function as an initial point of contact and vital ambassador for the AJC regional office.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism, with being a consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies.
The Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Assist the Regional Director and all other regional staff with the implementation and execution of advocacy programming, leadership development, and fundraising activities and all other regional office events and activities.
- Assist the Regional Director with board member and donor recruitment and retention and create an atmosphere of service for all AJC stakeholders.
- Coordinate and maintain the regional office calendar including maintaining RSVP lists, confirming meetings, room assignments, food delivery and wait staff, set-up and clean up as necessary.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Program Development and Implementation
- General office duties include answering the phone and taking messages, event support, monitoring and maintaining the office and community calendars, keeping inventory of supplies;
- Maintaining correspondence, documentation files, including financial reports, relating to regional office projects and programs;
- Organizing and prioritizing large volumes of information, e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail;
- Scheduling and organizing activities such as meetings and programs including sending invitations (email, Zoom, or regular mail), ordering food, keeping track of respondents, and follow up;
- Helping plan events, programs, and meetings, including drafting agendas and “run of shows”, drafting outreach letters to potential speakers, and drafting communications for meetings and events, including email blasts and social media posts;
- Handling clerical responsibilities such as drafting, designing, and layout of general correspondences, annual reports, charts, tables, flyers, newsletters, invitations and brochures, and meeting agendas;
- Taking on leadership roles in regional event planning and coordination for diplomatic, governmental, interfaith/intergroup, or leadership events.
- Reviewing and ordering supplies including in-house and external materials for events (e.g., calendars, fact sheets) and preparing materials for dissemination to community partners, lay leaders, donors and prospects.
- Drafting agendas for meetings with Board members and external stakeholders.
- Responsibility for drafting a wide variety of communications including communications to Board, Committee leaders and committee members, and broad stakeholder audiences.
- Coordinate logistical details for regional office campaign, including processing of pledges and keeping track of contributions, and inputting lists and data for numerous fundraising events;
- Providing support for the fundraising professionals (this may include: mailings, menu development, Save-The-Date and invitation design, preparing packets of materials, etc.);
- Keep track of RSVPs and donations for each event and upload information to key communications and fundraising platforms.
- Bachelor’ degree required or high school diploma and equivalent
- 2 plus years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality is required
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Research skills, especially with regard to prospects
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values
- Computer skills required: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to learn/use technical software (such as HR information systems, IT hardware and software, Financial accounting software, etc)
- Event planning experience including logistics and communications
- Willingness to attend meetings and programs outside of standard working hours, including early mornings and evenings
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 10 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $42,000 to $50,000, depending on relevant experience.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/w18hakb304795gj/