Communications & Program Coordinator
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The regional offices maintain the agency's nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency's influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, establish and nurture community relationships, and serve as AJC's eyes and ears on the ground.
The Communications and Program Coordinator of AJC’s Washington Regional Office assists the Regional Director with the implementation and execution of activities through the lens of communications and program management. S/he is also responsible for office maintenance and takes primary responsibility for the administrative needs of the office.
This position creates an atmosphere of service for all AJC stakeholders. The Communications and Program Coordinator will report to the Regional Director for this office.
The Communications and Program Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Organize and manage project timelines for multiple events varying in size and scope;
- Manage contracts and payments for caterers, venues, and other vendors;
- Work with the marketing communications department to design invitations and bulk emails
- Track registration and payments in coordination with other staff;
- Assist in tracking event budgets;
- Maintain organized and consistent filing system for all staff coordination and access.
- Handle administrative and logistical details and take substantive notes for meetings, events, and programs;
- Provide administrative support for fundraising efforts, including timely processing of pledges and gifts, acknowledgement letters, and tracking cultivation meetings;
- Handle transactions and communications related to pledges and gifts (with the utmost accuracy and discretion);
- Ensure contact information is kept up to date for both new and prospective donors
General Office Support
- Monitor and maintain office and community calendars
- Manage and enter data for advocacy and external meetings, media hits and other reporting functions
- Oversee and replenish office supplies as needed including ordering AJC marketing and promotional materials from the national office;
- Act as point person for maintaining IT, phone, copying, and other equipment maintenance needs.
- Other miscellaneous duties as needed
- Manage communications portfolio including updating the regional website and oversee the implementation of the regional quarterly newsletter;
- Responsible for drafting and formatting the Weekly Board Update, Quarterly Regional Newsletter, Quarterly ACCESS newsletter, and all event invitations;
- Work to develop an AJC Washington social media presence in accordance with the national office guidelines;
- Work with the entire Washington Regional Office to create and execute short- and long-term strategic communication plans for each program;
- Monitor AJC Washington’s Outlook account, maintain the region’s internal and external calendars, and oversee regional social media including Facebook;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Two to three years’ experience, particularly in administration and programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and dependable follow-through
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values
- Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications, Raiser’s Edge; Web site management software
- Event planning experience including logistics and communications
- Willingness to attend meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s1qdfqso1knfeqe/