Communications & Administrative Coordinator
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC New England is one of 24 regional offices in the United States that advances American Jewish Committee’s global advocacy efforts. The regional offices maintain the agency’s nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency’s influence with key local, national, and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, and establish and nurture community relationships.
The New England region, with responsibility for Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont, plays a particularly important role for AJC in many aspects of the organization’s work. Massachusetts has the third largest Jewish population in the United States as a percentage of the total population and hosts over fifty diplomatic missions. As a thriving innovation, business, academic and cultural destination, New England is a key region for building AJC’s influence and strategic relationships.
The Communications and Administrative coordinator will be a key team member in our AJC New England region. The coordinator will inspire and engage a broad range of stakeholders through communications, including social media, website, collateral, newsletters, email alerts, funder communications, and media relations, to effectively advance AJC’s global priorities. The coordinator will provide essential administrative support for our regional office.
The Communications and Administrative Coordinator will perform his/her work while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
The Communications and Administrative Coordinator for AJC New England will be responsible for coordinating functions and providing support for: communications, development and constituency management; office operations; administrative support for the director; event management; advocacy and other projects. The successful candidate must be highly organized, energetic, and sufficiently flexible to handle multiple assignments in a fast-moving dynamic environment. Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide logistical, organizational, and administrative support for communications,
including preparation of event/program invitations and email newsletters.
- Provide support for regional website and coordinate robust social media program and generate regular local content.
- Provide communications support for AJC advocacy campaigns (national and local) and special projects.
- Oversee Board Ambassadors communications program.
- Create dashboards and manage metrics for constituency outreach activities.
Development and Constituency Management
- Maintain accurate database of constituents and contact management, as well as segmented lists for both targeted and comprehensive outreach in the New England region.
- Input and manage Raiser’ Edge tracking for donor contacts, events, and advocacy meetings, ensuring that the regional office’s overall staff efforts are tracked accurately.
- Working with assistant director of constituency development, keep apace of upgrades and changes to effectively utilize platforms to track fundraising progress, propel fundraising outreach, and ensure synchronization with communications database.
- Handle all facility/office related issues (landlord, security, IT, supplies, etc.) and manage vendor relationships.
- Answer the main office phone and take messages, monitor, and maintain the office and community calendars, and keep inventory of supplies.
- Provide administrative support to the regional director, as needed.
- Maintain correspondence, documentation files, including financial reports, relating to regional office projects and programs.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail.
- Handle administrative responsibilities such as typing, designing, and layout of general correspondences, annual reports, charts, and mailings.
- Code and file expense reports related to office procurement monthly; prepare monthly accounting information and financial reports for director and associate director.
- Provide administrative support for board and committee meetings.
- Provide administrative support for general staff, as circumstances may require.
- Step in, as needed, to support additional projects and advance office goals.
Event Management/Coordination for Virtual and In-Person Regional Programs
In conjunction with other program staff:
- Schedule and organize meetings and programs.
- Coordinate timelines and pre-event/post-event communications programs.
- Manage vendor relationships and catering.
- Develop database of potential venues.
- Coordinate volunteers and registration as needed.
- Track expenses and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years’ work experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and the capacity and interest to learn new software programs such as Raiser’s Edge, email, and web platforms
- Experience/comfort troubleshooting office computer equipment preferred (PC’s, laptops, printers, copiers)
- Event planning and management experience preferred
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Dependable and appreciative of the need to preserve confidentiality
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/reuf2yr1yubqwp/