Associate, Resource Development
New York, NY
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Associate will assist with supervising the logistics, planning, and coordination of a multi million dollar fundraising campaign. S/he will oversee the tracking of contributions; processing pledges; and tracking attendance for fundraising events. In concert with the Senior Development Director, the candidate will create, maintain, and strengthen relations with donors. S/he will serve as the secondary contact for event attendees and their teams. The Associate will conduct comprehensive research on potential and current honorees, and their affiliated companies, to grow invitation lists and build fundraising events. S/he will work closely with the Senior Development Director to implement leadership development and donor recruitment strategies, thus assuring continuity of contact between AJC and honorees, post-event.
Among many roles, this includes the preparation and execution of a large tribute journal. In working on the journal, the candidate will interface with donors, AJC’s graphics department, and outside printing services to help in the design of the journal, and coordinate and oversee the journal process from conception to print. In addition, the candidate will assist with aspects of tribute events, including, but not limited to, the coordinating and communicating with respective event venues, photographers, caterers, and others to ensure that event details are in place, such as audio-visual equipment, décor. The Associate will also coordinate the participation of AJC staff members at events, including the delegation to them of various work assignments (including setup, registration, and breakdown). S/he candidate must have excellent computer skills, exceptional organizational skills, and strong interpersonal skills, including a polished telephone manner.
The Associate does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- A broad vision, capacity for team building, and enthusiastic engagement in every aspect of ensuring the success of multimillion-dollar tribute events;
- Monitor a system to process pledges, track contributions, and input data to create systems for tracking donations;
- Oversee full range of logistics and planning related to producing and managing major fundraising events;
- Schedule and organize meetings and conduct tribute event-related activities including invitation mailings, keeping track of respondents and donations, and follow up;
- Work collaboratively within the Development Department on a range of projects, including research of prospective honorees and potential donors and mailings;
- Conduct routine and in-depth research using databases such as Research Point to obtain strategic information vital for fundraising success;
- Steward and strengthen relationships with donors, event attendees;
- General administrative duties include working with donors, honorees and their teams, and organizing and prioritizing information, e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail, and maintaining electronic and hard paper files.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 4 years or more of post-college related experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; comfort, tact and diplomacy while speaking on the phone is a must;
- Event planning experience is highly valued;
- Dependable with well-developed organizational and time management skills, especially the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including strict adherence to confidentiality;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Well-developed customer service orientation;
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through;
- A team player with the ability to work independently as a self-starter;
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments;
- Ability to attend events, meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint with the ability to learn; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus;
- Passion for the mission of AJC.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/q1kwm3he16tnhk5/