Associate Director of Operations, Global Events
Flexible (within the US)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Global Events Department is responsible for overseeing event operations and logistics for the AJC Global Forum, Board of Governors meetings, Leadership Development and Board Engagement Institutes, and National Development events such as the NLC Fly In and Anniversary Missions. Each of these initiatives is designed and executed for current and prospective lay leaders to actively engage in AJC’s advocacy work. Through these events, the Global Events Department serves to raise awareness of AJC’s programmatic work, involve and develop lay leadership, and enhance understanding of and commitment to the agency’s priorities.
This Global Events team member provides event operation assistance in the planning and execution of all Global events for AJC. Responsibilities are centered on supporting event management and logistics, mechanical skills of event technology platforms, providing platinum customer service to clients, and problem-solving unique project challenges. This person is a key member of the AJC Global Forum team as the registration manager, website and app builder, main registration point of contact, and registration data analyst.
The ideal candidate would be a Cvent expert proficient in building and managing simple and complex registration sites. They will manage reports, the customer service team, and be a pivotal member of the planning team. They will be responsible for maintaining the website and emails for events. A successful candidate in this position must have strong skills in communications, project management, event coordination and execution, and excellent attention to detail. This individual must work collaboratively on a team and as an individual.
The Associate Director of Operations does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Oversee AJC’s various event software platforms, including:
- Creating and managing the AJC Global Forum registration website and app, processes, and analysis including all back-end and front-end set up and design
- Negotiating AJC’s event management software (currently Cvent) contract, including renewals and updates and oversee broadening of use across the organization
- Managing the staff assignment software vendor relationship (currently uTrac), agreements, creation of customized page and on-going maintenance of the shifts and app
- Create and distribute event registration reports to provide analytical insights to the organization for improved recruitment and development of donors, including post-event surveys. Create, analyze, and send the AJC Global Forum Weekly Report updating formulas and data as needed, sharing with all AJC Global Forum stakeholders
- Captain the on-site registration check-in and help-desk teams, including registration check-in equipment, vendor relationship, agreements, and on-site needs
- Build the upcoming year’s AJC Global Forum event site in time for registration launch at the opening of the current event
- Special projects and research as needed
- Provide platinum customer service support for internal and external clients of all of AJC’s Global Events
- Serve as the Global Events Department’s main point of contact on registration for inquiries and customer service, managing the Global Forum hotline and email address
- Create the staff and participant surveys as well as collect and analyze the information gathered
- Support general event choreography and provide logistical coordination (in addition managing registration)
- Work with program team to identify staffing needs during the overall event, create and update the shift schedule, assign staff teams, and communicate all staff assignments to AJC colleagues and adjust as needed
- Create an archival record of registration, attendance, donations, and participation for each Global event
- Must have knowledge of Cvent and relevant event software. Cvent certification is a plus.
- 5-7 years of pertinent event planning experience.
- BA degree required.
- Must have high attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work across multiple teams, internally and externally, to complete event related tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Must possess sound judgement, business savviness and discretion.
- Passion for the mission, goals, and objectives of AJC.
- Candidate must be flexible with working some nights and weekends and traveling to multiple events within a year.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems, to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- An entrepreneurial mindset; able to identify and pursue solutions.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/sbdrprr1xz6oql/