Associate Director, Missions
Flexible (within the U.S.)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC seeks a highly capable Associate Director of Missions who will oversee AJC’s missions program and work closely with the Development Department and appropriate subject matter directors to facilitate AJC missions that engage AJC donors and advance AJC’s advocacy goals.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess significant experience coordinating and organizing programs, exhibit keen attention to detail, and a deep commitment to AJC’s global mission.
The individual must also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and is expected to maintain professionalism in all activities.
The Associate Director of Missions does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Oversee, implement, and manage AJC’s mission’s program
- Build on and improve AJC’s process for creating an 18-24 month missions calendar, working with colleagues in Development and relevant program areas.
- Examine, build upon, and maintain AJC’s missions protocols (including roles and responsibilities)
- For each AJC mission:
- Work with Development and relevant program directors to identify the mission captain, development liaison, and programmatic lead - serve as ultimate decision maker when necessary
- Outline missions goals
- In coordination with Development and content experts, oversee the construction of mission itinerary
- Build and oversee mission invitation and registration process in consultation with Development in order to integrate Development strategy
- Develop mission budgets and track mission spending in consultation with local program staff
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements with travel agent and necessary ground operators, including on the ground AJC staff where applicable.
- Oversee preparation of all briefing materials
- In coordination with relevant AJC staff, ensure security evaluation for each mission
- Coordinate with Office of the CEO on any missions in which the CEO is attending
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise
- Bachelor's degree required;
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Top-notch organizational and logistical skills with an ability to execute time-sensitive tasks;
- Strong problem-solving skills and adaptability
- Flexible work style with the ability to travel internationally frequently and work late and weekends (often on short notice);
- Demonstrated maturity, situational awareness, and outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, and grammar skills required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications;
- Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community;
- Foreign language ability and cross-cultural sensitivity preferred.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $100,000, depending on level of relevant experience and location.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/so6gwdg13j4dit/