Associate Director, Content Marketing
Flexible (within the U.S.)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
American Jewish Committee’s Global Communications Department seeks an outgoing, detail-oriented, creative content marketing professional with a passion for collaboration, writing, and identifying personas to advance AJC’s content marketing efforts.
The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive. The position will be responsible for developing content marketing strategies to further AJC’s mission and grow the AJC community. This will involve working closely with a range of internal stakeholders, identifying key audiences, creating written content for external target audiences, and overseeing the organization’s content -related KPIs.
The Associate Director, Content Marketing does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Oversee and implement innovative content marketing strategies for AJC
- Lead research and interviews with both staff and lay leadership to identify target audiences
- Work with content production team to strategize, develop, and SEO optimize content, including closely following news/upcoming news cycles to brainstorm content that can be leveraged in AJC’s response
- Produce at least 2 written content pieces per week, including, but not limited to, AJC’s weekly email newsletter AJC Dispatch
- Work cross-functionally across the agency (content, development, digital, social, policy, graphics, etc.) to ensure brand and messaging alignment, as well as necessary information is effectively disseminated
- Set content KPIs, track growth, and analyze campaign impact, including producing AJC’s year-end content report
- Publish content and review content published to AJC.org, the organization’s CMS, to ensure proper cross-site tagging, keywords, and graphics are associated
- Generate ideas to increase engagement across AJC’s content, including identifying, drafting, and integrating lead generation tools and other calls to action critical to allowing for conversions across AJC content
- Oversee Email Copywriter Specialist, responsible for drafting a wide variety of AJC’s email communications
- 6+ years’ work experience in the field of communications, including at least two years’ of content marketing experience and experience creating written content for external audiences;
- Bachelor's degree;
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Experience in SEO in relation to content strategy;
- Grasp of current events, particularly as they affect American Jewry, the Jewish people, and Israel;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work late and on weekends (often on short notice);
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strategic thinking with experience developing successful content and engagement opportunities;
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team environment;
- Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions and knowing when to take initiative;
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Understanding of online communications technologies, including CMS, experience with Drupal a plus;
- Interest in data and analytics, and comfortable making data driven recommendations;
- Management experience a plus;
- Commitment to AJC’s mission and familiarity with the Jewish community
- Portfolio will be required.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s98y75c05qcmwe/