Associate Development Director
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Associate Development Director will report to the Development Director and be responsible for special events as well as cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship of existing donors and new prospects for AJC Broward’s annual campaign. The ideal candidate will be a creative and analytical self-starter who combines professionalism with a passion for, and knowledge of, the mission of AJC. The candidate must also be a consummate team player who works effectively with a variety of constituencies.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic staff team in one of AJC’s most prominent regional offices. The impact of AJC Miami and Broward’s work is not only felt across the region, but also nationally and internationally.
The Advancement and Engagement Associate does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Organize corporate/professional fundraising dinners and special events, community receptions, and donor cultivation and stewardship programs.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with mid-range and higher-level donors, increasing their engagement and investment in AJC Broward.
- Identify and engage prospective donors and work with lay solicitors to expand the number of donors at the $5,000+ level.
- Partner with staff and lay leadership to provide organization, support, and guidance for development strategies that will deepen investment and growth of AJC Broward’s annual campaign.
- Collaborate with program staff to engage existing and new donors.
- Promote AJC’s national programs to foster donor engagement and support, including donor recognition societies, missions, leadership development programs and AJC’s annual Global Forum.
- Work with local media sources for publication and promotion of campaign related information and generally work to build AJC’s brand via strategic communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree a plus.
- 5 -7 years of prior development experience with non-profit organizations.
- A record of success managing fundraising events.
- Experience in closing gifts at mid-range and higher levels.
- Experience working with board members and committees.
- Proficient in managing and interpreting development data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Word and Excel).
- Experience with fundraising databases, Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Self-starter who able to work independently as well as collaborate with professional and volunteer leadership.
- Ability to work under pressure while keeping a sense of humor.
- Goal-oriented, creative, and strategic thinker.
- Familiarity with and passion for Jewish communal life and the Miami community.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $100,000 to $120,000, depending on relevant experience.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/wdicnpc0ussbm3/