Associate Development Director
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Associate Development Director will report to the Development Director and be responsible for special events as well as cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship of existing donors and new prospects for AJC LA’s annual multi-million-dollar campaign. Working in collaboration with the Director of Development and Regional Director, the Associate Director of Development will be responsible for generating at least $1M of campaign revenue. The ideal candidate will be a creative and analytical self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with a passion for, and knowledge of, the mission of AJC. The candidate must also be a consummate team player who works effectively with a variety of constituencies.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic staff team in one of AJC’s most prominent regional offices. The impact of AJC Los Angeles’ work is not only felt across the region, but also nationally and internationally.
The Associate Development Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead corporate/professional fundraising dinners and special events, community receptions, and donor cultivation and stewardship programs.
- Supervise full-time Development Coordinator.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with mid-range and higher-level donors, increasing their engagement and investment in AJC Los Angeles.
- Identify and engage prospective donors and work with lay solicitors to expand the number of donors at the $5,000+ level.
- Partner with staff and lay leadership to provide organization, support, and guidance for development strategies that will deepen investment and growth of AJC LA’s annual campaign.
- Collaborate with program staff to engage existing and new donors.
- Promote AJC’s national programs to foster donor engagement and support, including donor recognition societies, missions, leadership development programs and AJC’s annual Global Forum.
- As part of AJC’s “50 state strategy,” coordinate 1-2 parlor meetings annually in communities outside of Los Angeles but part of the greater region, including Santa Barbara, CA; Palm Springs, CA; Santa Fe, NM; Las Vegas, NV; and Phoenix, AZ.
- Lead social media promotion of development campaign through relevant social media platforms.
- Work with local media sources for publication and promotion of campaign related information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree a plus.
- 5 -7 + years of prior development experience with non-profit organizations.
- A record of success managing fundraising events.
- Experience in closing gifts at mid-range and higher levels.
- Experience working with board members and committees.
- Proficient in managing and interpreting development data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Word and Excel).
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Self-starter who able to work independently as well as collaborate with professional and volunteer leadership.
- Ability to work under pressure while keeping a sense of humor.
- Goal-oriented, creative, and strategic thinker.
- Familiarity with and passion for Jewish communal life and the Los Angeles community.
The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000 depending upon relevant experience.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/suukl891q9nawj/