Associate, ACCESS & LFT (1 Year Project Employment)
ACCESS, AJC’s young leadership division, promotes AJC’s priorities through meaningful interactions with young thought-leaders, diplomats, and representatives of other ethnic and religious communities. Situated in Center City, ACCESS Philadelphia/Southern NJ will focus on young professionals in their 30s and offer unparalleled access to local consuls and a plethora of diverse interfaith and intergroup populations. In recent years ACCESS has developed a strategic focus on Latino-Jewish and Muslim-Jewish engagement, with an emphasis on domestic and international relations.
Leaders for Tomorrow (LFT) is AJC’s premier leadership program for high school students, focusing on advocacy and Jewish leadership. AJC Philadelphia will be launching its 2nd cohort of the LFT program in the Philadelphia region in 2019/2020.
The Associate, ACCESS & LFT does this while adhering to AJC's core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
About the ACCESS/LFT Associate:
The ACCESS/LFT Associate’s role is to bolster AJC’s work among young leaders in the Philadelphia/SNJ/DE region. In addition, the associate will recruit a cohort of students for the 2nd annual LFT program in Philadelphia and will be the manager and facilitator of this program.
The ideal candidate will be committed to promoting the values and priorities of AJC through global Jewish advocacy. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to take initiative in designing programs that focus on AJC’s key priorities. The ACCESS/LFT Associate will be a team player with a positive attitude, highly organized, and an articulate communicator.
The Associate will have the opportunity to engage in professional development workshops alongside his/her ACCESS/LFT peers at annual conferences and programs. In addition, the Associate will be in frequent contact with ACCESS/LFT National for one-on-one support and will take part in monthly calls for idea sharing and support and work in conjunction with ACCESS/LFT professionals in other regions. The ACCESS/LFT Associate will report directly to the Assistant Regional Director and communicate daily to ensure follow through.
The ACCESS/LFT Associate does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence and Accountability
- Collaborate and coordinate with AJC ACCESS National, both staff and volunteers, to implement regional programming;
- Work with Community Leaders (example: 40 under 40) to engage in AJC work;
- Communicate with ACCESS leaders for planning and coordination of objectives;
- Recruit new ACCESS supporters with leadership potential for Marshall Society;
- Strengthen relationships with existing AJC religious and ethnic partners, with a special focus on young leaders;
- Develop and expand advocacy opportunities with partners for Marshall Society;
- Work with the Philadelphia/SNJ Regional staff team on programs, events, and strategic planning;
- Develop opportunities for LFT parents to engage with AJC and Marshall Society;
- Recruit, coordinate and manage all aspects of the Leaders for Tomorrow Program;
- Staff all LFT programs and mentor student leaders
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems & multi task on projects
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and lay leadership
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the Jewish community
- Excellent project management skills, ability to manage data and oversee budget
- Works well with diverse constituencies
- Positive attitude, ability to balance personal and professional views
- Flexibility for early morning and evening events & weekend events for LFT
- Experience with non-profits and fundraising a plus
- Experience working with teens a plus
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: One-year position. The position can be renewed for a second year pending funding.
Applications must include all of the materials listed below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- 1-page Cover Letter
- 1 page Resume
- Two writing samples of 500 words or less
- Two references with contact information
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r6as4nt0le1tvq/