Assistant Director, Social Media (Advertising)
Flexible (within the US)
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC’s Global Communications Department seeks an energetic and highly skilled Assistant Director, Social Media (Advertising), who will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to leverage paid ads to grow the organization’s social media footprint, and further cement AJC’s position as the leading player in the online conversation on the issues affecting Israel and the Jewish people.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter proficient in all areas of social media advertising including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. The specific responsibilities outlined below are not exhaustive.
The Assistant Director, Social Media (Advertising) does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Set up, refine, optimize, and manage follower and content ad campaigns for AJC’s primary social media accounts and the account of the CEO;
- Support and advise AJC’s international institutes and offices on advertising strategies and best practices;
- Work with the Director of Social Media to convert followers into email constituents, event attendees, AJC text message subscribers, donors, activists, and more;
- Work with AJC’s Rapid Digital Content Creator and the Graphics Department to obtain visual content that substantially increases AJC’s followers, clicks, and lead generation ads efficiency;
- Collaborate with the Managing Director of Digital Communications and Content Marketing and Assistant Director of Digital Advocacy on agency-wide campaigns and initiatives;
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of ads and ensure strong ROI;
- Write copy for ads in collaboration with the social media team;
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders;
- Create, optimize, and manage Google Ads campaigns;
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media that might be applicable for AJC;
- The Assistant Director, Social Media (Advertising) will assume additional relevant responsibilities, as needed.
- Three to four years’ work experience in the field of social media advertising;
- Bachelor's Degree;
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Experience using social media analytics tools and making recommendations off of data trends;
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work late and on weekends;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Grasp of current events, particularly as they affect the Jewish people and Israel;
- Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r18luqhz1qxua8w/