Assistant Director, Program Development
This position develops a high level, tailored educational product that convey to participants a nuanced and positive viewpoint of Israel, thereby creating advocates for Israel and the Jewish community in various spheres of influence.
The Assistant Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Project Interchange is an institute of AJC which serves as a strategic tool for all of its institutes and departments, as well as its U.S. based offices, to build strong relationships with key global leaders, to advance understanding of Israel and support AJC’s advocacy goals.
The Assistant Director of Program Development is based in Washington, DC. This is a demanding position in a fast-paced and complex environment that requires high-level logistical and interpersonal skills and the ability to concurrently advance program development across multiple areas.
Program Development and Implementation
- Principal point of contact for AJC overseas office and community partners for many international and some U.S. based delegations together with the Director of Program Development and the Director of Global Programs;
- Manage delegation expense reports, develop draft and final budgets; prepare support materials for finance department; conduct budget review and reconciliation in collaboration with AJC finance and PI resource development staff;
- Oversee participant recruitment, outreach and communication with prospective participants in coordination with PI recruitment staff and relevant program partners;
- Oversee and support background research in support of program recruitment;
- Support the design and implementation of program itineraries in coordination with Director of Program Development, program partners, and the Israel office;
- Provide detailed orientation for each delegation before departure;
- Provide detailed pre-departure orientation training for staff prior to each trip; primary point of contact during time in Israel;
- Maintain contact with participants, Israel office, and staff on outcomes and effectiveness;
- Prepare comprehensive donor/impact report following each delegation, utilizing staff reports, delegation proposals, participant quotes and pictures;
- Oversee systematic recording and translation of participant quotes and other feedback for impact and donor reports;
- In coordination with AJC and PI communications staff, ensure all delegation materials are translated and prepared for use on PI’s mobile app;
- Oversee translation processes to ensure program materials are available for non-English speakers;
- Manage visa process for relevant participants, in coordination with appropriate AJC offices.
Alumni Programs and Outreach
- Provide for smooth transition of European, Asian, African, and Latin American participants to PI’s Department of Alumni Engagement and AJC departments/institutional partners.
Administration and Management
- Oversee the effective maintenance of administrative databases and budgetary records;
- Prepare and contribute to updates on international programming for AJC/PI websites, donors, foundations, and board members;
- Supervise full-time Senior Associate; provide ongoing mentoring, managerial support, and growth opportunities;
- Provide information to support Foundation outreach and delegation reports.
Personal qualifications and core competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or international affairs, Master’s degree preferred;
- 5-7 years of relevant experience;
- General knowledge and interest in Israel, international affairs and current events;
- Fluency in one or more European languages and/or Hebrew preferred;
- Experience living or working overseas preferred;
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and synthesize large amounts of information;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team in a fast-paced office;
- Demonstrated time and project management skills;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with broad range of lay, alumni, organizational colleagues and partners around the world;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Access; willingness to learn other systems, if necessary.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com