Assistant Director, National Events
New York, NY
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The National Events Department is responsible for overseeing event operations and logistics for the AJC Global Forum, Board of Governors meetings, Leadership Development and Board Engagement Institutes, and National Development events such as the NLC Fly-In and Anniversary Missions. Each of these initiatives is designed and executed for current and prospective lay leaders to actively engage in AJC’s advocacy work. Through these events, the National Events Department serves to raise awareness of AJC’s programmatic work, involve and develop lay leadership, and enhance understanding of and commitment to the agency’s priorities.
This National Events team member provides event production assistance in the planning and execution of all National events for AJC. This person is a key member of the AJC Global Forum team as the registration manager, website and app builder, main registration point of contact, and registration data analyst.
The ideal candidate would be a Cvent expert proficient in building and managing simple and complex registration sites. They would also manage reports, rooming lists, inquiry management, etc. and be a pivotal member of our planning team. They will be responsible for maintaining the website and emails for events. A successful candidate in this position must have strong skills in communications, project management, event coordination and execution, and excellent attention to detail. This individual must work collaboratively on a team and as an individual.
The Assistant Director does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Provide logistical coordination and manage registration for all of AJC’s National Events;
- Manage and oversee the AJC Global Forum registration website, processes, and analysis including all back-end and front-end set up and design;
- Serve as the National Events Department’s main point of contact on registration for inquiries and customer service, managing the Global Forum hotline and email address;
- Support event choreography and logistics, including coordination of meeting space, audio visual equipment; Support the event agenda and troubleshoot needs for all National Events;
- Manage and negotiate AJC’s event management software (currently Cvent) contract, including renewals and updates and oversee broadening of use across the organization;
- Teach the National Events team and other stakeholders new registration processes and technologies;
- Identify staffing needs during the overall event, create and update the shift schedule, assign staff teams, and communicate all staff assignments to AJC colleagues and adjust as needed;
- Create and distribute event registration reports to provide analytical insights to the organization for improved recruitment and development of donors, including post-event surveys;
- Create an archival record of registration, attendance, donations, and participation for each National event;
- Oversee the on-site registration check-in and help-desk teams. Manage registration check-in equipment vendor relationship, agreements, and on-site needs;
- Manage the creation and distribution of Global Forum recruitment toolkits and printed materials to Regional Offices and departments;
- Build the next year’s AJC Global Forum event site in time for registration launch at the opening of the current event;
- Manage staff assignment vendor relationship (currently uTrac), agreements, creation of customized page and on-going maintenance of the shifts and app;
- Create the staff and participant surveys as well as collect and analyze the information gathered;
- Create, analyze, and send the AJC Global Forum Weekly Report updating formulas and data as needed, sharing with all AJC Global Forum stakeholders;
- Create and manage the parked report webpages used by Regional Offices and Institutes to review their specific group of registrants on a regular basis;
- Manage on-going communication between National Events Department and Graphics to ensure all print and digital material needs are understood and accounted for as well as to update the AJC Global Forum site each year;
- Work with National Events Director and other team members on special projects as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of Cvent and relevant event software. Cvent certification is a plus.
- 4-5 years of pertinent event planning experience.
- BA degree required.
- Must have high attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work across multiple teams, internally and externally, to complete event related tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Must possess sound judgement, business savviness and discretion.
- Passion for the mission, goals, and objectives of AJC.
- Candidate must be flexible with working some nights and weekends and traveling to multiple events within a year.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems, to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- An entrepreneurial mindset; able to identify and pursue opportunities.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r8cg5y90dtqcuw/