Assistant Director, Leadership Engagement
When you work for American Jewish Committee (AJC), you reimagine what’s possible.
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
For over 75 years, AJC’s Atlanta Regional Office has worked to advance AJC’s broader global priorities within the Southeast.
AJC Atlanta’s Assistant Director, Leadership Enagagement will work closely with AJC Atlanta’s Regional Director and Director of Development to lead the strategy and vision for AJC Atlanta’s advancement and leadership development portfolios.
Fundamental to AJC’s mission is our belief in pluralism. Diversity makes us strong, and we are committed to embracing differences of experience, thought, and culture. We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Who You Are
- You are a team player with a sense of humor
- You are a proud Zionist who is aligned with AJC’s mission and diplomatic style
- You are a self-starter who collaborates seamlessly with colleagues both inside and outside AJC
- You adapt quickly to change and have enthusiasm for learning new skills and topics
- You are an attuned communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- You are highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- You have experience in fundraising and/or event management
- You are adept at time management with the ability to manage several projects at one time
- You have availability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and to travel occasionally
- You have a bachelor's degree
What You’ll Do
- Prepare, plan, organize, and implement the annual campaign strategy in coordination with AJC Atlanta’s Director of Development
- Coordinate production and mailing of mass mail and email communications for the spring and annual appeals
- Implement all logistical and technical aspects of AJC Atlanta’s annual Distinguished Advocate Award and National Human Relations Award fundraising dinners
- Plan and implement donor recognition events in partnership with AJC Atlanta’s Director of Development
- Expand identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors to ensure understanding, interest and involvement with AJC
- Collaborate with AJC Atlanta’s Director of Development and Regional Director to engage current donors and increase current donor contributions
- Work with AJC Atlanta’s Assistant Director and Alexander Associate to develop a solicitation strategy for Leaders for Tomorrow (LFT) parents
- Write grant requests and reports
- Identify and pursue fundraising opportunities in the Southeast (outside of Atlanta)
- Develop schedule and agendas for AJC Atlanta Executive and Board of Councilors meetings
- Work with new and current board members to develop individualized plans for engagement
- Collaborate with AJC Atlanta professional team to engage current leadership on committees and initiatives
- Ensure that Board membership is coded properly and kept up to date in AJC’s database management system (Raisers Edge)
- Develop initiatives to engage leadership located in the Southeast (outside of Atlanta).
- Manage AJC Atlanta’s nominating process to develop and recruit lay leadership and talent
- Manage and implement AJC Atlanta’s Berman Leadership Institute
- Steward AJC Atlanta’s Berman Leadership Institute alumni
- Develop a pipeline of Atlanta leaders for AJC’s national leadership development opportunities
- Work with AJC Atlanta’s Assistant Director and Alexander Associate to develop a cultivation strategy for Leaders for Tomorrow (LFT) parents
- Broaden AJC’s leadership engagement in the Southeast (outside of Atlanta)
- Create and send emails through AJC’s email marketing system
- Manage relevant portions of the AJC Atlanta website
- Work with AJC Atlanta’s Assistant Director and Alexander Associate to implement AJC’s Leaders for Tomorrow (LFT) program
- Other tasks as assigned by AJC Atlanta’s Regional Director
How AJC Invests in You
- Competitive health, vision, dental benefits
- Flexible Spending Account options
- 15 vacation days/paid time off (PTO) per year that increases with continued employment
- Office closures for Jewish and US holidays
- Hybrid work schedule with flexibility
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates
- An attentive supervisor who is dedicated to your growth
- Yearly professional development opportunities
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunities to travel
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r1kv3ay40ozhcqb/