Assistant Director, Communications and Advocacy
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC’s New England office is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Assistant Director. The position offers an exceptional opportunity to participate in AJC’s global advocacy program and become a part of a dynamic regional operation. AJC New England is seeking a highly motivated and strategically minded Assistant Director, who is dedicated to AJC’s work and committed to excellence in all s/he does.
The New England AJC office is the region’s premier global Jewish advocacy organization dedicated to securing the freedom and safety of Jews and other vulnerable peoples in the United States, Israel and around the world. To advance this purpose, AJC New England promotes a program that merges innovative advocacy with diplomatic, legislative, and community engagement.
The Assistant Director will play an important role in advancing AJC New England’s strategic plan. The successful candidate will be a resourceful leader, who works will as part of a team, but is comfortable taking initiative, welcomes a demanding role, and exhibits pride and professionalism in his or her work.
The Assistant Director, Communications and Advocacy does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
• Oversee all aspects of the New England region’s communications program, including advocacy campaigns.
• Design, develop and distribute newsletters, announcements, invitations.
• Manage social media.
• Promote media coverage.
• Support programming and events.
• Oversee marketing efforts.
• Coordinate with development, advocacy, and constituency building teams to advance their goals.
• Participate in and manage advocacy initiatives, as needed, ranging from intergroup engagement to political and civic advocacy and engagement.
• Steward collaborations with other organizations.
• Serve as staff liaison and manager for lay committees.
• Participate in the cultivation of AJC leadership.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5-6 years of relevant professional experience, a bachelor’s degree (relevant graduate training a plus) and a passion for AJC’s work. S/he will demonstrate the interpersonal skills and disposition needed for work in a demanding, fast paced, and dynamic environment that often requires early morning, evening, and weekend meetings. S/he will be a strategic thinker, who demonstrates superior oral and written, organizational and time management skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, ability to creatively problem solve and multi-task, and a capacity to actively engage with the issues and intellectual context that define AJC’s work. In addition, s/he will be a team player, who has a capacity to work independently, but knows when to consult and collaborate.
Experience working with nonprofit boards and proficiency in relevant foreign languages, Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and Raiser’s Edge is a plus. Willingness and aptitude to learn and use additional technology platforms as necessary is a must.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $85,000 depending on relevant experience.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/wz6kvtm1e4idqa/