Assistant Director, Campus Affairs
New York or D.C.
The Assistant Director, Campus Affairs will be responsible for helping manage AJC’s work on college campuses, including strengthening the image of Israel on university campuses, combating anti-Semitism on campus, and connecting American Jewish students to Global Jewry. The Assistant Director will serve as a liaison with on-campus professionals and with AJC regional leadership, coordinating AJC programs and activities, both proactively and reactively.
The individual does this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability
- Develop and manage a network of students passionate about AJC’s mission and involved in AJC’s programming
- Create and engage students in national and regional campus programming
- Monitor national anti-Israel activity and anti-Semitic incidents on college campuses and help drive AJC efforts to address them, as appropriate.
- Work closely with development staff to find donors for AJC campus and unrestricted programs
- Serve as an ambassador for AJC at national and regional AJC/partner meetings and events
- Nurture ties with campus officers—administrators, faculty, student leaders, and on-campus Jewish professionals both on a regional and national basis.
- Collaborate with AJC's network of regional offices to develop responses to local campus challenges and work closely with lay leadership and staff to implement national strategy and programming
- Work with Project Interchange staff to recruit university leadership for PI delegations, and staff the delegations as appropriate
- Coordinate departmental communication with campus affiliates and AJC lay leadership.
- Contributes to the creation of departmental promotion literature and managing ongoing communications to AJC constituents.
- Coordinates recruitment for student program at AJC's annual Global Forum and help organize and implement programming for the conference.
- Assist in managing AJC’s Leaders for Tomorrow (LFT) programming for high school students, as appropriate
- Represent AJC in national and international cooperative forums relating to campus issues
- Attend Campus Affairs programming locally and nationally, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in some of the following areas strongly preferred: campus engagement, communications, political activity, Israel advocacy
- Prior experience in campus programming, preferred
- Self-starter who collaborates seamlessly with colleagues both inside and outside AJC
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the culture of the college campus and their Jewish communities
- Familiarity with campus activism with respect to Israel
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/qvw12dl1b3fhd3/