Assistant Director, Advancement and Engagement
AJC's Chicago Office seeks an Assistant Director, Advancement and Engagement who is passionate about AJC's mission, and is committed to building AJC's presence in Chicago.
The successful candidate will join an AJC office that is on a growth trajectory and features a highly engaged and entrepreneurial leadership team committed to advancing AJC's global Jewish advocacy mission. AJC Chicago conducts advocacy with high-profile diplomats and public officials, via the media, and through building bridges of understanding between the Jewish community and many different religions, cultures and nationalities.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with knowledge of the Chicago Jewish community as well as the larger philanthropic and corporate sectors. The candidate must be a consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies.
The Assistant Director, Advancement and Engagement will be responsible for maintaining and growing AJC Chicago’s annual campaign with particular emphasis on mid-level and higher-end gifts, donor cultivation and engagement, new leadership development, planned giving and foundation grants, special events, and development communications.
The Assistant Director of Advancement and Engagement does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Working closely with the Director of Advancement and Engagement to organize and manage AJC Chicago’s annual campaign;
- Engaging and soliciting an ongoing portfolio of annual donors and prospects;
- Developing strategies to encourage new gifts, as well as increasing current donor contributions;
- Expanding donor identification, tracking, cultivating, solicitation and stewardship of donors;
- Managing development and board communications for the Chicago region;
- Connecting local lay leaders with both local and national AJC opportunities, such as donor recognition societies, global travel opportunities, the United Nations Diplomatic Marathon in NY and Regional Diplomatic Marathon, Project Interchange, AJC's annual Global Forum in Washington, D.C. and more;
- Planning special donor cultivation events;
- Managing the writing and preparation of foundation grant proposals;
- Coordinating with local program staff to ensure donors are engaged and aware of AJC's impact;
- Performing other tasks needed to support overall office effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of, and a strong commitment to AJC's mission and priority areas. The best candidate will be an experienced development professional with planning and management skills and proven track record of fundraising success with significant experience in donor cultivation, mid-level and higher-end gift solicitation and stewardship, and leadership development.
Specifically, the finalist will meet the following criteria:
- Passion for AJC's mission
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree highly preferred
- 5-7 years of prior development experience with a proven track record of successful fundraising solicitations
- Goal-oriented campaign strategist who can create and execute a multi-faceted vision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as collaborate with professional colleagues and volunteer leadership
- Experienced in developing board members and increasing their level of participation in the fundraising process
- Creative and strategic thinker able to develop new ways to engage potential and existing donors, create new giving opportunities and programs
- Flexibility with schedule (occasional morning, evening and weekends)
- Must be proficient in Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Office (or is a proven quick learner)
- Familiarity with the Chicago Jewish philanthropic community is a plus
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/qj9twes0e7fm88/