Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The regional offices maintain the agency's nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency's influence with key local, national, and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives at the state/local level, establish and nurture community relationships, and serve as AJC's eyes and ears on the ground.
The Assistant Director of AJC’s Washington Regional Office plays a critical role in:
- Advocacy and community relations including diplomatic and political outreach
- Interfacing with other ethnic and religious groups through representing AJC at meetings and other gatherings
- Stewarding and soliciting lay leaders, prospects, and donors to ensure their maximum engagement with AJC including through financial resource development
The Assistant Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Execution of educational programs and events
- Supervision of coordinator and interns
- Communications including website, Facebook, and newsletters.
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree - Five or more years of experience or master’s degree
- Commitment to AJC’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing, editing, and proofreading
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to solve problems creatively and practically
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and lay leadership
- Entrepreneurial creativity, resourcefulness, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r11g8enn0ksjbbw/