AJC’s New England office is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Assistant Director. The position offers an exceptional opportunity to participate in AJC’s global advocacy program and become a part of a dynamic regional operation.
The New England AJC office is the region’s premier global Jewish advocacy organization dedicated to securing the freedom and safety of Jews and other vulnerable peoples in the United States, Israel and around the world. To advance this purpose, AJC New England promotes a dynamic program that merges innovative advocacy with diplomatic, legislative and cultural outreach and innovative advocacy.
The Assistant Director will play an important role in advancing AJC New England’s strategic plan. The successful candidate will be a resourceful leader, who welcomes a demanding role and exhibits pride and professionalism in his or her work.
- Manage major events and programs, such as the Annual Diplomats Seder;
- Coordinate legislative advocacy program;
- Manage intergroup outreach with other ethnic and religious communities;
- Steward collaborations with other organizations;
- Serve as staff liaison and manager for lay committees;
- Participate in the cultivation of AJC leadership;
- Actively support communications initiatives;
- Collaborate with the development team to advance AJC’s fundraising program.
- 5-6 years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree (relevant graduate training a plus)
- Passion for AJC’s work
- Can demonstrate the interpersonal skills and disposition needed for work in a highly demanding, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekend meetings
- Strategic thinker, who demonstrates superior oral and written ability
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- The ability to creatively problem-solve and multi-task,
- A capacity to engage the issues and intellectual context that define AJC’s work.
- Team-player, who also has a capacity to work independently.
- Experience working with nonprofit boards and proficiency in relevant foreign languages, Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/q12pq84d15e2s7z/