Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Assistant Director to the AJC Dallas Regional Office plays an integral role towards ensuring AJC Dallas meets its ambitious advocacy, leadership development and fundraising goals. S/he does this by engaging board members, community members, coalition partners and donors in partnership with the AJC Dallas Regional Director.
The successful candidate will be an organized team-player who is self-motivated and capable of seeing the big picture while staying attuned to small details. S/he should have familiarity with Jewish culture, history and issues of concern to world Jewry. Specific knowledge of the Dallas Jewish community is a plus.
The Assistant Director must be an exceptional project manager to ensure the flawless execution of AJCs events and advocacy work. The Assistant Regional Director will report to the AJC Dallas Regional Director.
- Assisting the Regional Director and lay-leadership in the development and implementation of strategic goals and objectives in the areas of advocacy, leadership and fundraising;
- Providing conceptual, logistical and organizational support for AJC Dallas programs and activities;
- Acting as lead staff for AJC Dallas’ ACCESS (young leadership) chapter;
- Acting as lead staff in organizing AJC LFT (High School advocacy program) for potential fall 2019 launch;
- Coordinating external communication including social media and electronic newsletters.
- Assisting in planning and implementation of meetings and events, including:
- Program logistics (including venues, registration, run-of-show, speaker travel and itinerary planning);
- Management of registration process;
- Working with national marketing and communications department to create and disseminate marketing materials;
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers.
External Communication and PR
- Work with Regional Director to develop a strategy to enhance public awareness of AJC;
- Create and disseminate e-newsletters and publicity as warranted;
- Create and manage affinity groups within email database;
- Manage AJC Dallas’ online presence.
- Work in partnership with AJC Dallas Regional Director and ACCESS Dallas President to set strategic direction for ACCESS board;
- Organize regular AJC ACCESS meetings and programs that grow awareness of and interest in AJC among young adults from 26-40;
- Recruit ACCESS members and college students to attend AJC Global Forum and other appropriate travel/leadership development opportunities;
- Create awareness of and interest in AJCs LFT (Leaders for Tomorrow) program, an advocacy training for high school students;
- In partnership with national counterpart, launch LFT in Dallas in the fall of 2019.
- In consultation with the AJC Dallas Regional Director, plan and implement annual fundraising dinner;
- Solicit ACCESS members;
- Compile regular updates on incoming revenue and pledges;
- Update and manage fundraising database;
- Send out acknowledgement letters for gifts and tributes.
- Submit reports as needed, such as on advocacy meetings;
- Order office supplies as needed;
- Answer phones;
- Work with Vendors,
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 4-5 years of relevant experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Interest in global affairs and current events;
- Interest in Interfaith and Interethnic relations;
- Capable of being a team player or working independently;
- Available for nighttime and very occasional weekend commitments;
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to AJCs mission;
- Entrepreneurial mindset: able to identify and pursue new opportunities to advance agency objectives.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/q4j45a11csgp0q/