Assistant Development Director, NYRO
The regional offices maintain the agency's nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency's influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, furthers advocacy priorities at the state/local level, establish and nurture community relationships, and serve as AJC's eyes and ears on the ground.
The Assistant Development Director of AJC’s New York Regional Office assists the Regional Office team with the implementation and execution of fundraising activities including donor meetings. This position creates an atmosphere of service for all AJC stakeholders. The Assistant Development Director will report to the Associate Director for the NYRO.
The Assistant Development Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Working closely with the Regional Director, Associate Director, AJC professionals and board/volunteer leadership to provide support and organization in all development activities;
- Help develop and implement outreach strategies to encourage new gifts, as well as increasing current donor contributions;
- Steward gifts through donor contact;
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with donors, increasing their engagement and investment in AJC;
- Identify, qualify and engage prospective donors in order to expand the number of Marshall Society and National Leadership Council members;
- Conduct research on prospective sources of revenue, including major gift prospects, foundations, and dinner honorees;
- Partner with staff and lay leadership to provide organization, support, and guidance for development strategies that will deepen investment and enlarge AJC’s annual campaign;
- Coordinate cultivation events, donor stewardship programs, regional outreach and written appeals;
- Update prospect and donor records;
- Collaborate with program staff to engage existing and new donors;
- Collaborate when appropriate with national development colleagues on programming and donor strategies
- Enhance AJC NY communication efforts to yield greater engagement and financial support;
- Contribute to the development of AJC NY programming to enhance the development aspects of such programming.
- Perform other tasks needed to support overall office effectiveness.
- Passion for AJC's mission;
- Some prior knowledge of, and/or experience with, issues of concern to AJC
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree highly preferred;
- 5 years or more years of relevant experience;
- Proficient in managing and interpreting development data;
- Proficient in MS Office, (especially Word and Excel);
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred;
- Self-starter who is able to work independently as well as collaborate with professional and volunteer leadership;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Stellar inter-personal skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure while keeping a sense of humor;
- Goal-oriented, flexible, creative, and strategic thinker capable of developing new ways to engage potential/existing donors, as well as create new giving opportunities and programs;
- Familiarity with and passion for Jewish communal life in the local region;
- Flexible schedule (occasional early morning, evening and weekend work required).
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/r4zvdd61uabwz9/