Assistant Development Director
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC's Westchester/Fairfield (“West/Fair”) Office seeks an Assistant Development Director who is passionate about AJC's mission and is committed to building AJC's presence in Westchester and Fairfield.
The successful candidate will join an AJC office that is on a growth trajectory and features a highly engaged and entrepreneurial leadership team committed to advancing AJC's global Jewish advocacy mission. AJC West/Fair conducts advocacy with high-profile diplomats and public officials, via the media, and through building bridges of understanding between the Jewish community and many different religions, cultures and nationalities.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with knowledge of the West/Fair Jewish community as well as the larger philanthropic and corporate sectors. The candidate must be a consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies.
The Assistant Development Director will be responsible for maintaining and growing AJC West/Fair’s annual campaign with particular emphasis on mid-level gifts ($1,250-9,999), donor cultivation and engagement, leadership pipeline and development, foundation grants, special events, and development communications.
The Assistant Development Director does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Working closely with the Director of Development to organize and manage AJC West/Fair’s annual campaign;
- Engaging and soliciting an ongoing portfolio of annual donors and prospects;
- Developing strategies to encourage new gifts, as well as increasing current donor contributions;
- Expanding donor identification, tracking, cultivating, solicitation, and stewardship of donors;
- Running and maintaining giving reports;
- Managing development communications for the West/Fair region;
- Connecting local lay leaders with both local and national AJC opportunities, such as donor recognition societies, global travel opportunities, the United Nations Diplomatic Marathon in NY, Project Interchange, AJC's annual Global Forum in Washington, D.C. and more;
- Planning special donor cultivation events;
- Managing the writing and preparation of foundation grant proposals and reports;
- Coordinating with local program staff to ensure donors are engaged and aware of AJC's impact;
- Synagogue Outreach, Cultivation, and Engagement; including finding unique opportunities for events and programs for collaboration, utilizing lay leaders to be synagogue liaisons, and increase AJC’s visibility in the Westchester/Fairfield area through synagogue engagement;
- Overseeing recruitment for AJC’s LFT (Leaders for Tomorrow) high school advocacy training program, and engagement with LFT parents (current and alumni);
- Performing other tasks needed to support overall office advocacy and impact.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of, and a strong commitment to AJC's mission and priority areas. The best candidate will be an experienced development professional with planning skills and proven track record of fundraising success with significant experience in donor cultivation, mid-level gift solicitation and stewardship, and leadership development.
Specifically, the finalist will meet the following criteria:
- Passion for AJC's mission
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-8 years of prior development experience with a proven track record of successful fundraising solicitations
- Goal-oriented campaign strategist who can create and execute a multi-faceted vision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as collaborate with professional colleagues and volunteer leadership
- Experience in developing board members and increasing their level of participation in the fundraising process
- Creative and strategic thinker able to develop new ways to engage potential and existing donors, create new giving opportunities and programs
- Flexibility with schedule (occasional morning, evening, and weekends and travel)
- Must be proficient in Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Office (or is a proven quick learner)
- Familiarity with the Westchester/Fairfield Jewish philanthropic community is a plus
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $95,000, depending on relevant experience.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/w49ki2c0tbagi5/