Advancement and Engagement Associate
AJC's Chicago Office seeks an Advancement and Engagement Associate who is passionate about AJC's mission, and is committed to building AJC's presence in Chicago.
The successful candidate will join an AJC office that is on a growth trajectory and features a highly engaged and entrepreneurial leadership team committed to advancing AJC's global Jewish advocacy mission. AJC Chicago conducts advocacy with high-profile diplomats and public officials, via the media, and through building bridges of understanding between the Jewish community and many different religions, cultures and nationalities.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with knowledge of the Chicago Jewish community. The candidate must be a consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies.
The Advancement and Engagement Associate will provide essential support to AJC’s fundraising program, while also providing support to events that develop and expand AJC’s donor and leadership pool. The role will require strong conceptual abilities, sophisticated understanding of data and data management, and an ability to work closely with AJC’s lay and staff leadership team. She/he will also manage a portfolio of donor prospects, deepening their engagement with AJC and growing their philanthropy. The position will report to the Assistant Director of Advancement and Engagement.
The Advancement and Engagement Associate does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Managing logistics and planning for honoree dinners, major fundraising events, donor cultivation events, and board meetings;
- Implementing development operations such as gift processing, data management, campaign reporting, and prospect management;
- Engaging and soliciting an ongoing portfolio of annual donors and prospects;
- Conducting research on major donor prospects;
- Assisting with the writing and preparation of foundation grant proposals;
- Collaborating on efforts to develop new lay leaders and board members;
- Networking in the community to identify and cultivate new donor prospects;
- Providing ongoing operational support to the Advancement and Engagement Department.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 years or more of post-college related fundraising experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; comfort, tact and diplomacy while speaking on the phone is a must
- Event planning experience is highly valued
- Dependable with well-developed organizational and time management skills, especially the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including strict adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A team player with the ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- Ability to attend events, meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint with the ability to learn; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Passion for the mission of AJC
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/rk4vsz91f70lsb/