Administrative Assistant (Part Time Position – 30 hours a week)
The regional offices maintain the agency’s nationwide presence, attract leaders and donors to AJC, enhance the agency’s influence with key local, national and international decision makers and stakeholders, implement advocacy initiatives as the state/local level, establish and nurture community relationships and serve as AJC’s eyes and ears on the ground.
The individual does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Assist the Regional Director and all other regional staff with the implementation and execution of fundraising activities, advocacy programs, media initiatives, and all other regional office events and activities.
- Assist the Regional Director with board member and donor recruitment and retention and create an atmosphere of service for all AJC stakeholders.
- Coordinate all of the logistical details for regional office campaign, including processing of pledges and keeping track of contributions, and inputting lists and data for numerous fundraising events. Accurately tracks donor cultivation into the notes of the Prospect Module in Raiser’s Edge.
- Providing support for the fundraising professionals (this may include: mailings, menu development, Save-The-Date, seating charts, invitation design, etc.)
- Keep track of RSVPs and donations for each event.
Leadership Development/Community Relations
- Interact with the board, membership, and the public.
- Assist with writing of Press Releases, Opinion Editorials, Media Tracking, and maintains positive media relations.
- Research prospective donors and potential honorees in the community.
- General office duties include answering the phone and taking messages, event support, backing up the computer network, monitoring and maintaining the office and community calendars, maintaining and reviewing the office to-do lists with the Regional Director, submitting payments of invoices and bills on a timely basis, and keeping inventory of supplies.
- Maintaining correspondence, documentation files, including financial reports, relating to regional office projects and programs, mailing lists, phone lists and email lists.
- Organizing and prioritizing large volumes of information, e-mails, faxes and incoming out outgoing mail. Maintains accurate files of both hard copy and electronic materials, and ensures accurate member information on Raiser’s Edge.
- invitations, ordering food, keeping track of respondents and follow up.
- Handling clerical responsibilities such as typing, designing, and layout of general correspondences, annual reports, charts, tables, flyers, newsletters, invitations and brochures.
- Reconciling monthly Purchase card (P-card) statements.
Personal qualifications and core competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required or High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years of administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality required
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Research skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards and values
- Computer skills required: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge
- Technical Software (such as HR information systems, IT hardware and software, Financial accounting software, etc.)
- Event planning experience including logistics and communications
- Willingness to attend meetings and programs outside of standard working hours and willing to work extended hours during key programs
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/rjtk1q81brejiv/