ALEF | ACCESS Leadership Fellowship
Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington, D.C., New York City, and VIRTUAL Cohort (for non-listed cities).
AJC ACCESS’ Leadership Fellowship (ALEF) is an advocacy training program designed to give an elite group of young professionals an exclusive deep-dive into the work of AJC and ACCESS, AJC’s young professionals' division.
ALEF is an eight-month cohort experience for young professionals aged 22-40 who are interested in becoming more involved with AJC and serves as a thorough overview of the diverse advocacy work of AJC.
The goals of ALEF are to enhance participants’ leadership skills, bolster participants’ knowledge of the scope and scale of AJC’s work, equip participants with advocacy skills and real-life advocacy experience, and create a cohort of participants that will become involved within the young leadership of ACCESS. Check back for applications for the 2022-2023 cohort.
ALEF participants will engage in AJC’s mission: “to enhance the wellbeing of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world.” The fellowship will include sessions on:
- AJC’s approach to global Jewish advocacy with senior AJC leadership
- Off-the-record meetings with legislators and diplomats
- An inside look into AJC’s Israel advocacy approach
- Bridge-building with AJC’s intergroup and interreligious partners
- Combating antisemitism at home and abroad
- Social opportunities including happy hours, Shabbat dinners, and more!
Applying for ALEF
After filling out an initial application, potential participants will be contacted for an interview with their regional ACCESS staff.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Responsibilities of ALEF Participants
- Attendance at all ALEF sessions.
- Give a minimum ACCESS Marshall Society gift of $625 to the AJC annual campaign.
Privileges of ALEF Participants
- Recognition as part of AJC’s Marshall Society
- Invitations to exclusive Marshall Society events and opportunities with your AJC region and AJC Global
- Invitations to national Insider Briefing conference calls with AJC experts
After participation in ALEF, participants are encouraged to continue to stay involved in the ACCESS Marshall Society and to pursue future AJC leadership opportunities.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about the ACCESS Leadership Fellowship, please contact Ali Terkel, Associate Director of Programs, ACCESS Global, at firstname.lastname@example.org.