Mona Abramson, Chair
Connecticut is home to some 100,000 Jews, a significant number of whom live in Fairfield County, which borders Westchester County. Based on the success of events carried out in partnership with communities in Fairfield County, AJC Westchester formed a Connecticut Committee populated by Connecticut residents. Its goal is to carry out several AJC programs per year in Connecticut, while creating a base of people in Connecticut who may be interested in attending the many AJC programs and other opportunities that take place in Westchester or Manhattan.
Programs and Collaboration
- June 2013 – “Anti-Semitism in France Today” Program at Wells-Fargo in Old Greenwich with AJC Paris Director Simone Rodan-Benzaquen
- March 2013 – “Inside the United Nations: Israel, Iran and Beyond…” Program at Congregation Agudath Sholom in Stamford with AJC Associate Director of International Affairs Ambassador Aaron Jacob and Canadian United Nations Ambassador Guillermo Rishchynski
- April 2012 – “The International Perspective on Israel and the Middle East” – Program at a home in Greenwich with Consul General of the Czech Republic Eliska Zigova.
- November 2011- Westchester/Fairfield Thanksgiving Diversity Breakfast
- September 2011 – “Turmoil and Transformation in Israel and the Middle East” – Program at Temple Sholom in Greenwich with AJC National Director David Harris
- March 2011 – “Addressing Racism in Germany Today” – Program at Temple Sholom in Greenwich with former AJC Berlin Director Eugene Dubow
- December 2010 – AJC Westchester Co-Sponsored an Israel Defense Forces Chanukah Concert at Temple Sholom in Greenwich
- November 2010 – Westchester/Fairfield Thanksgiving Diversity Breakfast