Harriet Schleifer and Elliott Rose, Co-Chairs
Mission: To raise funds and identify, cultivate and empower lay leadership of hte Westchester/Fairfield region to create and support AJC activities. Fundraising and leadership development are accomplished through a variety of programming and direct solicitation efforts.
Background: Given the threat of terrorism, the emergence of hostile global powers, the enormous challenges to Israel's continued existence as a Jewish state, the need to safeguard the well-being of Jews through the world as well as protect the rights of all people, AJC's mission has never been more important. AJC depends solely on the community's financial support in order to carry out its crucial work. Over 75% of AJC's income is raised through its annual campaign.
- The Meet the Moment Challenge Grant and Annual fundraising campaign.
- Individual meetings with donors and prospects.
- The "Meet the Moment with AJC" Gala honoring Stuart Ginsberg and Two's Company/Bobbie and Tom Gottlieb which featured video of AJC European office directors speaking about our Defining Moment and the rise of anti-Semitism in Europe. May 28, 2015. Photos.
- The Judge Learned Hand Award Dinner honoring Jeremy Temkin, and Hon. Samuel Fredman and featured a keynote presentation by former ACLU president Nadine Strossen entitled, "Top Secret America." Photos.
- Private dinners and discussion sessions during the Westchester Jewish Film Festival at the Jacob Burns Film Center, April 8-30, 2015.
- Intimate parlor meetings, featuring notable AJC experts, Project Interchange participants (including diplomats and elected officials), an author and a member of Knesset.