In July and August, Hamas, the terrorist organization that controls Gaza, fired thousands of rockets at Israeli population centers. Millions of Israelis lived with the reality of having to seek refuge in bomb shelters, some with only 15 seconds notice of incoming rockets and missiles. In response to Hamas's incessant attacks, as any government would, the Israeli government authorized "Operation Protective Edge." The Operation was aimed at destroying Hamas missile launchers and other terror infrastructure while seeking to restore stability and quiet to Israel's civilian population.
AJC is There: Around the world and across the United States, AJC officials are in contact with diplomats and elected officials to appeal for solidarity with Israel at this critical moment. Now more than ever, you can also play a role in AJC's global Jewish advocacy. Follow AJC on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, take action by writing to your elected officials, and keep checking this page for updated talking points and resources.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Hamas and Human Rights
- 5 Hamas Media Myths
- Anti-Israel Rallies in Europe: Spotlight on France, Germany, and Turkey
- AJC Talking Points: The Crisis in Gaza
- 5 Things You Need to Know
- What is Hamas?
- Why a Palestinian "Unity Government" Is Bad News
- Red Alert Israel
Provides real time alerts every time a terrorist fires rockets, mortars or missiles into Israel
- Israel Defense Forces Blog
Provides regular updates on Operation Protective Edge
Opinion and AnalysisRSShttp://www.kintera.com/kintera_cms/images/minus.jpg
- If Not Us, Who?
- David Harris in Times of Israel and Huffington Post
- The Strangest Aspect of the Gaza War
- Lawrence Grossman in JNS
- Gaza Palestinians Suffer from Occupation, But Hamas is Occupier
- Kenneth Bandler in FOXnews.com
- What I Hope to Hear at High Holy Day Services
- David Harris in Times of Israel
- If Europe cannot protect its Jews, it cannot protect its noble core values
- David Harris in Wall Street Journal