A Global Response to Global Challenges
AJC's mission is to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world.
We pursue this mission through four advocacy pillars:
And we engage these four pillars at three levels:
- Global Diplomacy: Through high-level diplomatic meetings that leverage long-standing relationships, AJC gains the support of global decision-makers on our critical issues.
- Legislative Advocacy: Through local, regional, and national advocacy with Members of Congress, AJC promotes domestic policies and legislation that support our global agenda.
- Interreligious and Intergroup Coalition Building: Through establishing important local and global alliances among diverse ethnic and religious groups, AJC builds coalitions to advance issues of common concern.
- Communications: Through a global media presence, AJC generates awareness and provides expert resources to promote our advocacy agenda.
- Locally: Through our 22 U.S. regional offices that engage with local diplomats, elected officials, and intergroup/interreligious partners.
- Nationally: Through our New York headquarters, Washington-based Office of Government and International Affairs, and high-level contacts with federal bodies such as the White House, State Department, and Congress.
- Internationally: Through our ten overseas posts (in Berlin, Brussels, Hong Kong, Jerusalem, New Delhi, Paris, Rome, São Paulo, Tokyo, and South East Asia.), three U.S.-based regional institutes (covering Africa, Asia, and Latin America), and 30 international partnerships with Jewish communities around the world.