|Ten Actions for Energy Security|
Ten Actions for Energy Security
by David Harris
Executive Director, AJC
LISTEN to this week's commentary:
Want to help America’s national security, economy and environment?
Here are ten ways to deal responsibly with energy.
To do so, go to ajc.org. Click on the Energy Pledge.
- Make your next vehicle purchase at least 25-50 percent more fuel-efficient than your current vehicle.
- Use mass transit as a travel alternative and carpool whenever possible.
- Install compact fluorescent light bulbs in your home to save energy.
- Use reusable bags when shopping instead of plastic bags.
- Keep your thermostat cooler in the winter and warmer in the summer than in the past.
- Purchase only Energy Star® certified energy-efficient home appliances.
- Contact elected officials to encourage policies that promote American energy security.
- Ask your workplace, house of worship, and civic associations to adopt 'green' practices.
- Educate yourself and look for more ways to reduce your dependence on oil.
- And share this energy pledge with others.
This is David Harris of AJC.
Date: 11/3/2009 12:00:00 AM