Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
Project Interchange (PI), an educational institute of AJC, develops and conducts educational seminars in Israel for current and emerging United States and international leaders. Participants include diplomats, elected officials, journalists, media opinion leaders, civic leaders, university presidents, administrators and student leaders.
Since 1982, Project Interchange has equipped over 6,000 seminar participants from more than 85 countries and all 50 states with a balanced foundation for understanding Israel’s history, diverse makeup, and strategic objectives. PI seminars are highly apolitical, interactive and promote dialogue on a wide array of complex issues.
The Director of Alumni Coordination will develop the formal structure for an alumni network for Project Interchange. S/he will report to the Deputy Director of Project Interchange (PI).
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and implementing, in consultation with PI professional team, a multi-dimensional plan to engage and/or sustain involvement of PI alumni with Israel.
- Developing and implementing short-term and long-term strategies to engage PI alumni from their return from Israel well into the future through ongoing education.
- Developing and coordinating regional, national, and international alumni events in conjunction with AJC regional and international representatives.
- Building Alumni Engagement Committee and staffing process which engages board members and alumni in planning and outreach to alumni.
- Ensuring accurate and complete alumni database records and developing leadership profiles of key alumni, in collaboration with the PI team.
Promoting ongoing engagement with PI:
- Establishing ongoing relationships with alumni, maintaining strong lines of communication both with individual alumni, cohorts and the network as a whole.
- Utilizing and augmenting communications vehicles such as e-newsletters and social media to present current information.
- Engaging alumni to support future seminar participant recruitment, and the growth of intra-alumni networks and communication as well as our cadre of alumni “ambassadors.”
- Developing content for PI communications vehicles, including monthly newsletter, Board and donor updates.
Promoting engagement with AJC:
- Initiating and sustaining outreach and coordination with AJC staff and partners to capture success stories, enrich alumni programming and bolster post-seminar engagement.
- In coordination with PI program directors, creating templates for alumni programs in the U.S. and overseas, sharing best practices and advising AJC regional offices and partners in implementing such programs.
- Promoting PI alumni as speakers for AJC regional offices and domestic and international partners.
- Creating unique opportunities for PI alumni at AJC’s Global Forum and other national events/meetings.
- Promoting ongoing engagement and affinity with Israel:
- Expanding the program outreach, services and information to make PI a principal resource for alumni regarding Israel and the Middle East.
- 5+ years of experience in Jewish communal service or related non-profit organization
- Experience in and knowledge of Israel
- Proven ability in fostering productive relationships and creating networks
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities
- Demonstrated capacity to organize events and programs for diverse audiences
- Creative self-starter with ability to work well independently and in team settings
- Excellent oral, inter-personal and written communication skills
- Experience managing database systems and knowledge of social media strategy preferred
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history at: http://intogreatmanagement.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2wxohg0kkvo
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer