|Location: New York, NY|
LOCATION: New York, NY
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. In addition to its New York headquarters and Office of Government & International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has regional offices and affiliates across the U.S. and overseas in addition to a multitude of global partnerships.
Among Jewish organizations, AJC is the preeminent leader in the global arena. With a presence in Belgium, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Brazil and Switzerland, AJC’s network of relationships with, and access to, key decision makers and thought leaders on every continent is unmatched. AJC is recognized by foreign leaders, the Israeli and U.S. governments as an effective and trusted interlocutor for Jewish issues, human rights and advocacy for democratic values. Today, AJC proactively tackles the greatest concerns of Jewish communities around the globe.
The Assistant Director of Facilities will enable staff to work more effectively towards AJC’s mission by providing optimal working conditions and offer services that are environmentally safe, friendly and cost efficient. S/he will assist in all aspects of facilities and office services; perform analysis of current purchasing procedures and identify opportunities for cost savings; procure goods and services while tightly managing costs; provide outstanding customer service to employees; furnish accurate information and communications on a timely basis; and ensure all aspects of the building are in compliance with codes. The scope of work includes NY headquarters and all US regional offices.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Director and building engineer on oversight of building systems including mechanical, fire/life safety, elevators, etc. and day to day upkeep of facilities
- Act as liaison between building occupants (including tenants) and building staff to rectify issues
- Call appropriate vendors or building staff for repairs
- Follow through on room setups for meetings by coordinating with mail room staff and/or IT to ensure rooms are set up. Follow up with engineers to make sure AC is scheduled on and off for meetings where applicable.
- Assist with research and selection of contractors for repairs and renovations
- Work with Director on plans for future capital requirements
- Ensure the NY headquarters is in compliance with local, state and federal codes
- Schedule required tests, trainings, inspections, etc.
- Work with vendors to close old DOB permits
- Consult with and assist regional office directors with requirements on their purchasing, construction projects, furniture and equipment
- Review of vendor invoices for accuracy and follow up on identified issues
- Assist with maintaining LEED certification in the NY headquarters
- Assist Director in overseeing print shop and mail room activities
- Assist the Director, CFO and real estate consultants in activities associated with sub-leasing of available space
- Assist in the management of purchasing functions including negotiating, vendor selection, request for information (RFI), request for proposals (RFP) and proposal review/analysis
- Perform financial analysis of purchasing activities throughout the facilities to understand cost trends and opportunities to reduce costs. Proactively review annual contracts for cost savings.
- Research and apply for cost savings incentives
- Work with Director and other departments to put in place purchasing policies and procedures to include blanket POs, RFIs, bid abstracts, RFPs and procurement cards and enforce policies
- Ensure tenants are appropriately invoiced for utilities
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as they arise within the department.
- Bachelor degree required. Certificate from Purchasing Management Association, BOMI or AMA purchasing course preferred.
- Experience: At least 3 years of experience in facility operations, purchasing, with mail room and print shop work experience preferred. Experience and working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, building and mechanical systems. Familiarity with USGBC standards preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and experience a must
- Excellent negotiating skills with a demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial, analytical and budgeting skills
- Attention to detail and consistency in adhering to policies and procedures
- Good safety habits and common sense; ability to take necessary action in emergency situations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Dependable and punctual
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and changing environment
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality is required
- Excellent customer service skills
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- Ability to work with diverse staff
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Ability to delegate work effectively
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Willingness to attend meetings/oversee work outside of standard working hours
Please submit your application on https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/assistant-director-facilities-2013/
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer